December 8, 2014

musical memories

Music means a lot more to me than just entertainment or a momentary escape from reality. Since I have a habit of listening to specific songs on repeat for a certain amount of time, I later on associate those songs with specific people, places, moments, and different stages of my life. Today on my way home from work I started thinking about songs that bring me flashbacks from various things from my past. These songs are the ones that popped into my head right away.


Peaches - In the Valley Below


Riptide - Vance Joy


Yellow - Coldplay


Something I Need - OneRepublic


Fast Car - Tracy Chapman


Bloodstream - Ed Sheeran


Springsteen - Eric Church


Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


She Way Out - The 1975


I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz


The Scientist - Coldplay


Kids - MGMT


Super Bass - Nicki Minaj


In My Bones - Ron Pope


Ho Hey - The Lumineers


I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

Dear friends, after reading this blogpost, some of you should know which song or songs make me think of you. Even if I didn't separately write down who I associate those songs with. Special shoutout to Nicole, Isa, Tua, Jodi, and Mary-Scott haha. There are a bunch of other songs on this list that remind me of different things or people, but I'm not gonna comment on that more closely. I share a lot of things about my life here but these songs (among many other songs I just couldn't think of right away) are very meaningful to me in many ways, even if you couldn't tell from the lyrics. And I think some memories should be kept to yourself, because that makes them feel more special.

Do you all associate music with memories too? Or am I just strange? Haha let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment :)